Here goes chapter 2.
- Well thank you for making me….one…two….three….fourfivesix. Hexalingual.
- “He also determined the natural talents you would possess and the uniqueness of your personality”
- PSYCH. kill myself now. jk. well i guess you planned that. thanks.
- “He planned the days of your life in advance, choosing the exact time of your birth and death”
- I guess he planned global warming, and i guess he planned for people to deny. Oh wait. so did he plan global warming. or is it the opposite? That he didn’t plan global warming. Hm. i wonder.
- Okay so wait. if God created gay people. Then why do people say it’s wrong? Was that a mistake? Because if He makes no mistakes. then clearly something is wrong here…..There’s some sort of miscommunication here.
- A love with exceptions. Clearly the LGBTQA community doesn’t receive the same amount of love. Or maybe I don’t deserve this love because I don’t believe *shrug* I don’t want it.
- “Because he is a God of love”
- Well shit. Westboro Baptist Church clearly didn’t get the message then. Because…….I don’t think…….that’s…..love LOL.
- “But he wanted to make you in order to express his love”
- If there’s anything that taught me more about love. It’s Harry Potter. But i didn’t need to know anything about religion to understand it. Why can’t it be like this? Maybe we should all read Harry Potter instead.
- “The Harry Potter series, summed up, is about love. The power of a mother’s love saved Harry from dying the night his parents did. Snape’s love for Lily kept Harry safe. Harry’s ability to love became his biggest strength. The list can go on. J.K. Rowling taught us all from a young age that the power of love should never be underestimated.”
- “You are protected, in short, by your ability to love!” – Albus Dumbledore
- Um, what? I’m not an accident. Whether I was wanted or not. Even if i WAS an accident. My goal in life is to make it so that i’m NOT. I am no accident to the friends that i love and care for. I am no accident to the influence i have on the students i teach. It is no accident that the decisions i made helped me get to where i am today. If i stopped reading this book the purpose of my life would still continue. I will continue to educate and mentor my students – the people of the future. I would have meaning. I would continue to do good in the world at the best of my ability. I will take care of my friends. I will take care of the animals i have adopted for they are worth the love, care, and attention. I know my wrongs and rights. I know it’s wrong to judge people. I know it’s wrong to tell me that my life will have no meaning beyond believe and beyond this book. If i was “astronomical random chance in the universe” then let that be. Because i know i am amazing, i am caring, i am kind, i am a good friend. And if i was to exist by chance. WELL THAT’S FUCKING AMAZING. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
- “If there was no God, we would all be “accidents,” the result of astronomical random chance in the universe. You could stop reading this book because life would have no purpose or meaning or significance. There would be no right or wrong, and no hope beyond your brief years here on earth”
- Why must my truth in life depend on me being created by someone. Why can’t i exist purely for the fact that i exist. and I’m here to do good? Why is it that if i have “no god” then my life is an accident, chane, no purpose or meaning or significance. That i would have no right or wrong, and no hope? How is this fair for anyone?
- “But there is a god who made you for a reason, and your life has profound meaning!”
“Point to Ponder: I am not an accident”
I accept that i am not an accident. And that i was created the way i am for a reason. But these are all results of agency. decisions that my parents made without belief. I am thankful and proud of the path that it has taken me to get to the place today. I am proud to say i am from Hong Kong and that i live in Richmond. That i’m privilege with things most people may not have. But these are choices that my parents have chosen, and has thus changed my story. I chose to take classes on the weekend to learn languages and not give up. But you’re telling me that my parents CHOSE or that it was a part of the PLAN to allow me to lose hope through sport. It was the plan for me to lose something so dear to me – a sport- during a critical period of my life. Yes. i found it again. but with the help of my friends. I chose these things in my life. and i make good choices. and i will continue to make good choices. If there was every anything in my life that i felt was “meant to be”. It would be King and Princess. I know i was made to save them. But even then. I fought my parents for their lives. I showed commitment. I showed that i care. I showed that they’re important. I DID IT ALL.
And she said, “I’ve been so worried about you lately
You look shit and smell a bit
You’re mad thinking you could ever save me
Not looking like that“